Conquer the fear of cutting your knits! Steeking is a great technique to use to make cardigans out of sweaters and so much more. In a friendly and supportive group, we will take the plunge and cut knit swatches.
Students will learn:
· Crochet steek
· Hand sewn back stitch steek
· Picking up stitches from steek edge
· Finishing steek edges with crochet, ribbon, machine sewing
· Placement and uses for steeks in patterns: creating openings for cardigan, armholes, neck and body openings, pockets.
Students will need:
· Tapestry needle
· Crochet hook (3mm) for DK yarn
· Knitting needles 4mm
· DK yarn in contrasting colour to swatches
· HOMEWORK: 2 Small swatches in knit in the round with steek pattern